I was tagged by statine effets secondaires to share 7 things you don’t need to know about me. This is called an internet meme.I have tagged the 7 individuals below who will be asked to tag 7 others! This is a good way to find new bloggers and new blog sites of interest.
7 Things you don’t need to know about me
1. I am not a new blogger but this is a new blog site. I have run a satire blog site, a school corporation blog site and now a personal/education related blog site.
2. I was told by a professor when I first went to graduate school that I didn’t write very well. I started blogging so I could demonstrate to the world that he was absolutely right! My book, (note shameless plug here…) “The School Administrator’s Guide to Blogging: A New Way to Connect with the Community,” on sale at Amazon.com (click on the book cover on the sidebar) further proves this to be true!
3. I love all things outdoors especially hunting. I process all my own meat and love to surprise people with tasty wild game recipes. We never purchase meat from the commercial markets. What’s so great about buying your hormone enhanced protein wrapped in cellophane sitting in the freezer with food coloring injected in it! I just finished canning 66 jars of four different Wyoming big game meats. Next big trip? Climbing the glaciers of Alaska for the elusive mountain goat and a horseback pack-in trip to the Big Horn Mountains for elk.
4. I live in Wyoming. The great windy state. Whoops, there went my hat! True Story - A gentleman was recently seen hitching a ride to Walmart. When asked why he needed a ride he replied, “I am never returning to this state again. My pickup just got blown over on its side from a wind gust! Everything I own blew out of it and now I need to buy some new clothes!”
5. I have been a third grade teacher, a 6th grade teacher, an elementary principal, a curriculum director and a superintendent of schools. I said I would never do any of those things (except teach). I was always in the wrong place at the wrong time and got promoted. LOL
6. I enjoy teaching again, only this time most of the students do their homework and take baths regularly. Most of them do not eat their erasers. But they do Google everything you say in class and correct you when you are wrong. I suspect some of them may still be eating their Elmer’s Glue paste but they hide it well.
7. I believe technology is rapidly changing the way society interacts, but I am having trouble getting the word out to administrators. They either don’t see the potential for it or they are afraid of it. Or both. I had to resort to writing a book about blogging. Catch the irony in that? It won’t go away. In my book ( note second shameless plug…) I make this statement,
“The old mantra was you don’t argue with those who buy their ink by the barrel. The new mantra is, everyone has a barrel of ink so you better have one too!”
I will tag the following individuals but they don’t know it yet. Check out their blogs too!